Monday, September 24, 2007

30 Days of Swimming - Wk 1 Summary Addendum, Day 8 and Day 9

First of all, I realized I never took the time to add up just how far I swam in total for my first week. My total? 7700yards! That's 4.375 miles! Hell Yeah!

So, Day 8*... There was a problem. I had a limited window to swim in, I get to the pool and realize I don't have my goggles. Fine, I say, I can swim without them. So I jump in and I do 25 yds and immediately, I know this is going to be a struggle. After 150 yards, I have to stop, my eyes hurt and I'm really struggling in the water. There's no way I can get home and back in time to finish my workout so i have to can it.
150 yards... do I even count that? Should I reset my 30 days? I did swim, but I didn't do my workout. What do you think, dear reader? More on this later...

Day 9 - An absolutely awesome workout. I bumped all the way up to 16 x 25yds with 15 seconds between reps, did two drills, then a half set of kick drills, then 2 more of my usual drills. For the last set, I decided to just swim straight through, no rest between repetitions. A little more than a week ago, swimming 100yards straight was a challenge. Tonight, after 1800 yards of drills, I did 400 yards straight and felt Awesome! 2200 total yards tonight! I did 7700 all last week and tonight I did just under a third of that in just a bit over an hour. I rocked.

So thinking about the 30 days straight... I'm counting Day 8. I swam, I gave it my best, it just didn't work out. Then tonight I have a rocking workout... Count it! I still want opinions from others. In my situation, would you keep the count going?


Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Mike said...

It counts .... no question!

Dinger said...

Count it!