Saturday, September 22, 2007

30 Days of Swimming - Day 7, Weekly Summary and a 'Bike' Ride

Another day, another 1250 yards in the pool... Freestyle is really starting to feel more comfortable, the time in the pool flew by today. 10 x 25yds again, no kick drills, after experimenting with that yesterday I'm going to start working them in regularly starting Monday.
That's also when I'll also bump up to 12 x 25yds, which should bring my daily workout to close to 1800 yards.

After one week, I can definitely say that the hardest day was the second day. It was just tough getting into the routine of swimming every day. I feel so much more comfortable in the water now swimming freestyle) than I did on Sunday... It's really amazing, and it's only been a week.

After my swim I hit the 'bike' for 1:45, keeping my heartrate in the high OD range (117-125), with a final avg HR of 124. I say 'bike' because it's a stationary bike at the rec center. Definitely rather tedious, fortunately there was a Big East football game on TV and that kept me reasonably distracted.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: