Wednesday, September 19, 2007

30 Days of Swimming - Day 4, Plus a Bike Ride!

As I get further into this, I've found myself looking forward to swimming each day more and more. Granted, it's only been 4 days, but as I left the pool today and even now, I'm eager for the next swim... couldn't ask for a better sign than that!

I took a break from the drills today and decided I'd see how I would do just swimming for 1200yds. I told myself that if I had to rest, I'd take 20 seconds, then get right back into it. I did that for a while, but eventually found myself stopping every 50yds or so and changed gears so that instead of stopping, I'd swim breaststroke for 25yds. I hate using the breaststroke as a crutch, but it kept me moving forward and kept me working. It's a habit I'll certainly work hard to break myself of.
Tomorrow I'm going to go back to the drills, but increase the number of reps.
Dinger from Triscoop has suggested I try a kickboard and some fins, a good idea, those might even be available for use at the pool, I'll give that a look tomorrow.

I also did a short Endurance bike ride with my HR averaging at 132. Unfortunately, it was on the stationary bikes in the Rec Center. Lame, but my bike hasn't arrived yet so I don't have much of a choice. It was a good workout though.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: