Sunday, September 16, 2007

30 Days of Swimming - Day 1

Coach Mike Ricci suggested not too long ago that I try doing 30 days straight of swimming and see how it goes. Now that I'm in Cincinnati and have access to a pool, I've started doing just that.
Today was Day One and as such, I made it an easy day, I didn't want to dive in too deep to start with (sorry for the pun). I intend to put a lot of emphasis on drills for these swims as I know I need to work on my form. Some of the drills I did today were new to me and will take some getting used to. Others I've done before and feel comfortable with while one or two are ones that I have done before and don't like (they're also ones I probably need to work on most).
I started easy, with 4 x 25 yards of each of the following drills.
Catch-up Drill
Closed Fist Drill
Sculling
Fingertip Drag Drill
Single Arm Drill
Three/Six Drill
Thumb to Thigh Drill
A brief warm up brought my total yardage to an unimpressive 800 yards, but I'm working on it.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: