Sunday, October 14, 2007

30 Days of Swimming - Day 29 - The End and a Tribute

Today is Day 29 of my 30 days of swimming endeavor.
Unfortunately, it's also my last as I'll be unable to swim tomorrow due to trvelling home to Boston for a wake/funeral. My great aunt, Roberta Huston, lost her battle with cancer last night at 12:15am. She was diagnosed more than 15 months ago and the doctors only gave her about 6 months to live. She decided to fight it and made it a good bit longer. She played her last nine holes of golf in August, an important goal of hers, and when I last saw her she told me she was ready to meet God.
Like all of us, she was flawed, but I believe she always meant well, which is more than can be said about many people.
I decided to do my swim today in her honor, an uninterrupted 1800 yard swim. Just over a mile. I wish I had thought to time it, but I didn't until more than halfway through.
So that's it... I get stopped a day short of 30. It's kind of funny. Maybe there'll be an opportunity for me to swim tomorrow, but I doubt it. Still, I'll have my goggles and swim trunks with me, just in case.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm sure God laughs at all the plans we make. Sorry to hear this.

Mike