Wednesday, October 24, 2007

30 Days of Cycling and Swimming article

Ok, I'm already off the wagon (perhaps out of the saddle is a better phrase) on the cycling. I missed my ride yesterday and unless I do one tonight at about 2am, I won't get one in today either. I need to work on rising earlier and getting the rides in first thing in the morning.

Saw an interesting swimming article today from BeginnerTriathlete.com
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1293
Hmm, let's see...
Unilateral breathing? Check!
Rapid increase in training distance? Check!
Rapid increase in training frequency? Check!
Poor swimming technique? Maybe? I know I don't do the things listed, so that's a positive.
I have had some soreness particularly in my left shoulder, which is bad news. The good news is that's not the shoulder I should be having trouble with from unilateral breathing. I also know that particular shoulder had been fairly weak before I started swimming and that I had some trouble with it was not even slightly surprising. The surprising thing is that I didn't have more trouble with it.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: