Sunday, August 05, 2007

T-Minus One Week

This is when the butterflies start... 7 days until the race. Wow.
I was talking to my best friend this evening, he was probably the first or second person I told I was doing the 5430 Long Course. He was surprised to hear how soon it was and asked how long the race was (he had forgotten) and how long I thought it would take and he was speechless about it. I think sometimes I forget how insurmountable the distances seem to most peopl from spending so much time talking to people who have done Ironmen and just thinking about the race for so long.

Went out for a 60 minute OD run this evening. I also had a 2hour bike ride on Saturday along the course for the BTC No-Drop ride. Both are the longest training sessions for the respective events that I'll do remaining. Well, they're not remaining anymore, but you know what I mean.

No comments: