Friday, August 03, 2007

S&S and More LC Prep

Another Stroke & Stride last night, although the weather did it’s best to interrupt things. I was set to do the 1500m swim and was plowing along on the first lap when I noticed there was absolutely no one on the beach. None of the swimmers finishing their first lap were heading for a second. There had been a warning about thunderstorms, but that seems to happen every week and I hadn’t given it a lot of thought.
Clearly the lifeguards had decided to shorten the race, although some of the faster 1500m swimmers got in a second lap, they crawled right over me.
Since my only real goal had been to do the 1500m swim and I hadn’t prepped for the transition properly I took it easy in transition and on the run.
Swim 18:36
Transition 2:06
Run 27:57
Total 48:35

Not my best race, by a long ways.

Long Course Prep
I brought my watch to Boulder Running Company and after some fidgeting and futzing they realized they couldn’t find or fix the problem. So, they gave me a new one! Now that’s great customer service, I was just hoping to send it out to Suunto and get it fixed for the race (though that would have been a long shot) or to buy a replacement HR strap but it seems that there was a problem with the actual watch as well. Today I need to head to Fleet Feet right after work to reserve a wetsuit for the S&S and the Long Course. I also want to get in about a 90 minute OD run this evening and see if the pool is open again (I hope so).

No comments: