Wednesday, August 08, 2007

4 days

Alright. It’s Wednesday. 4 days until the race.

I’m doing my best to take it easy. I’ll go out tonight for a short run, 20-30 minutes at OD effort. I haven’t been training on my bike this week because I spend so much time cycling around town anyway I’m not too concerned about keeping that in shape. Tonight will be the big bike cleanup.

I started packing my transition bag last night. I’ll do more tonight but won’t be able to really finish until Saturday.

I picked up a tri-suit the other day and I’m not sure whether I should wear it or not. It’s very comfortable, just slightly naked feeling. I’m also not sure I should switch to something I’m not as familiar with.

Minuses(-)

Haven’t trained with it as much

Indistinct, no BTC stuff

Plusses (+)

Comfy

No Sleeves

Easier/faster transition

Here’s a smart move. I decided to wear the tri-suit to work today. I wanted to see how comfortable I was in it and see if that comfort would last all day (followed by a short run this evening). Well, it has been comfortable. The catch is, any time I want to use the restroom I have to completely take off my collared shirt, unzip the tri-suit and pull it almost completely off so that I can do so.

Not my wisest decision.

Sandals (wear)

Running shoes

Bike shoes

Socks

Tri-suit

Hat

Glasses w/sunglasses & croakies (wear)

Helmet

Bike (duh!)

3 packs Clif Shot Blocks

2 packs Sharkies

2 Clif Shots (Apple Pie)

2 Accel Gels (chocolate)

2 CO2 Cannisters

1 Spare tube

1 Patch Kit

3 tire levers

1 multi-tool

Goggles (not Googles)

Anti-fog lens cleaner

Wetsuit

Watch

Footpod

HR Monitor

Some links for the fun of it…

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LEaOkhWOZ1A

A great shot at the so-called “Alliance to Save Nantucket Sound” or, more appropriately, the Anti-Cape Wind campaign. Leave it to the Daily show to point out just how ridiculous these rich, self-absorbed so-and-so’s really are.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/08/08/study_faults_einstein_videos_for_infants/?p1=MEWell_Pos1

Imagine that, having your baby sit in front of a television DOESN’T make them smarter! In fact, it slows their development. Who’d have thought?

No comments: