Thursday, August 02, 2007

It's the FInal Countdown! Da da da Daaaaa...

http://www.boston.com/news/world/europe/articles/2007/08/01/russian_ships_reach_north_pole/?page=2
Our global addiction to oil has reached the point where we’re arguing about who owns the bottom of the ocean under massive sheets of Arctic ice.

---------------------------------

The countdown to the 5430 Long Course is ON! Today is August 2d and my race is on the 12th, 10 days to go! Holy Crap!
Stuff I need to do in the next couple days…
-Bring my bike to University Bikes http://ubikes.com for a tuneup.
-Book a wetsuit from Fleet Feet Sports http://fleetfeetboulder.com for the last Stroke & Stride and the Long Course
-Bring T6 to Boulder Running Company http://boulderrunningcompany.com to either get HR strap fixed or replaced

-------------------------------------

It’s important to note that those of us who worked the aid Station for the Boulder Peak received an email, via the club president, from the competitor who lost her temper at the Peak. She wrote us an apology that clearly and sincerely conveyed her regret and embarrassment about the situation. As someone who hasn’t always had the best control over his own temper, I can appreciate the difficulty of admitting such a mistake and making such an apology. I can speak only for myself, but her actions in the face of her mistake have earned her my respect and made a fan of me.

Now that that is said, I had a pretty quiet training weekend. I didn’t do any really organized training aside from a 3 hour, 30 mile ride Friday morning. I had company for 4 days and kept myself quite busy keeping up with them. I did a lot of biking and walking around town, some hiking and went mountain biking on Monday. While this wasn’t a training weekend, I don’t consider it a lost weekend by any means. I was worn out at the end of each day from running around all day long but I had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am getting so excited that even I have a few prerace gitters. When did you decide to go for the wetsuit?

Enjoy the process!