Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A Long Ride and a Group Run

Monday night I had kickball at 8 and wanted to squeeze in a ride around the long Course loops which ended up taking 2 hours even (34 miles total). It gave me a great chance to practice my bike to run transition since Paula was waiting by the car when I got back at 7:48, I was changed and on the road at 7:50. The
course looks pretty good, some not so fun hills at the start but not nearly as bad as the killer hill on Saturday. I spent a lot of the ride in the aerobars and while they really scared the bejesus out of me at some points early in the ride, I got much more comfortable in them. I managed to nudge up close to the 40mph mark a couple times (peaking at 39.2) and practiced eating and drinking in the saddle at reasonable speeds. Overall it was a great ride and while it left me generally tired, I wasn’t sore. I had a good swim workout that morning as well.

Ran with the BTC tonight and the Tuesday night Track workouts with Mike Ricci... what a workout. A nasty hilly (I hate hills) trail 5x4:00 at LT+ (that's above Lactic Threshold) with the jog down to rest. The elevation change was about 130ft over the 4 minutes. After the intervals we did a longer climb of about 400'. All told we did close to 7 miles including warmup and cooldown. I hate hills.

I got the chance to talk to several of the members as well as Mike Ricci. I've heard Mike was a great coach, but I hadn't expected him to be such an engaging and personable person, though I suppose I probably should have.





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: