Saturday, June 09, 2007

It's a Brick... HOUSE!

I've heard it said that the House of the Ironman is built of bricks (brick's being back to back workouts, i.e. Swim/Bike or Bike/Run with a quick transition in between). Personally, I prefer, the path to the Ironman is paved with bricks. The metaphor of a road or path just seems to make more sense for training to me than the house one.



Anyhow, today was the BTC group bike ride. We did the 28 mile 5430 Long Course loop. That, plus the ride to the Res and back made for about a 43 mile ride. It was a gorgeous day and a great ride. I talked to several more members, and even saw that two other members had the same bike as me, although theirs had different paint jobs, one was the standard silver, the other was a very nice blue. I actually like the blue more than the black on mine. one of the guys I met, Klaus, is doing Kona this fall, he got in on the lottery after 25 years of Triathlon... that's a long time.

I'm not sure how long the ride took, it was another No-Drop ride so it would be pretty hard to gauge the speed, especially since I took a long break when we got back to the Res, chatting and listening to the other members.



When I got back, I went out for a run, an easy 6.6 miles (half the Long Course run distance) in just over an hour. Tomorrow I have another long bike ride, but I'll follow that with another, much shorter, run, probably finishing at 30 minutes.



I'm really enjoying the training so far, though I think I need to get more sleep.  I'll start doing weekly summaries on Sundays to summarize and evaluate my training





Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Pepper said...

Just reading this post exhausted me.