Thursday, June 28, 2007

Been a couple days...

I did a swim workout Monday but it didn’t go quite
as I would have liked.  I had a little stiffness in my knee after about
1800m and when it didn’t loosen up I stopped after 2000m. That’s
one major drawback of the breast stroke, the kick is tough on your knees, and
as a runner I don’t need the added stress on that particular joint. Just
one more reason to get freestyle figured out.



On the plus side though, it was a strong, steady swim for
the most part. I want to start working more on the freestyle drills, but with
the 54430 coming up in less than seven weeks, I don’t have a ton of extra
time in my training schedule. It may end up becoming something I work on more
after the 5430 is done. Admitting that is difficult because a part of me was
hoping I could pick up freestyle well enough and quickly enough to incorporate
some of it into my swim, but I really ought to know better than to get that far
ahead of myself.



Speaking of getting ahead of myself, I’ve started asking
around on Triscoop and on the BTC board about what Ironman folks would
recommend for a first time IM event. I’ve only gotten two replies so far
but they’ve been helpful. Once I get some more meat to the responses I’ll
share the replies and work on making a decision.



I’m not going to TNT tuesday. It’s a ~10 mile
ride each way to the site tonight and there is supposed to be thundershowers
all evening. No thanks. I did a run near home instead.

Wednesday I got a Bike/Swim brick in and I have to say it was one of the best bike workouts I've had. I stuck with the HR monitor readings, kept it in Zone 2 (121-131 for me) and it felt real good. The swim I did mostly drills with a little dash of frustration tossed in.

Stroke & Stride #3 tonight... the swim felt good, the transition seemed smooth and I pushed the run nicely. Still waiting on my official times but I think I beat last week's overall time by as much as a minute... mostly as a result of a better run (I think), though I think i cut some time off my transition and hpe to have pushed my swim under 18:00 flat.
To recap my past results...
S&S 1: 49:01 S: 18:52 T: 3:45 R: 26:25
S&S 2: 45:38 S: 18:02 T: 1:55 R: 25:42


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: