Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sunday Long Run

I took the time to figure out my daily caloric needs, care
of the information I found at the Zen
and the Art of Triathlon
podcast and it works out to a daily caloric need
of 2769 calories.  65-70% of my calories need to come from carbohydrates
(4 calories per gram), 15-20% from protein (4 calories per gram) and 10-15%
from fat (9 calories per gram).  I’m pretty sure I’m not
meeting those numbers.  I’m probably well over it as far as the fat
goes.  The tricky thing, of course, is that when you go out to eat, you
have no idea what’s in the food.



On another topic, Registration is open for the 2008 Arizona Ironman
on April 11th.  While I feel like I could get ready for a
Ironman in that amount of time, that’s smack in the middle of my last
quarter of Thesis work, so I need to find something that is a little more
conducive time-wise.  Ironman Lake Placid is in late July, so that might
be something to consider but Fall 2008 might be wiser.



I had a great run last night and another good one
today.  Today’s was a 4 mile Tempo run and was pretty strong. 
I’m thinking that with the Bolder Boulder, I’ll stick to a 160-180
HR range, with the first half sticking to roughly 165, then the second half
moving up to 170 and the last mile bumping up to 175-180.



Tuesday:

T: 41:35

D: 4.08 mi

HR: 152 bpm

10:12 pace

WTD: 4.08 mi



Wednesday:

T: 37:51

D: 3.99 mi

HR: 163 bpm

9:31 pace

WTD: 8.07 mi







Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: