Thursday, May 24, 2007

Busy Week!

It's been quite the busy week, so i haven't had a chance to post. let's see...

Sunday, 10 mile long run, felt pretty darn good.

Monday, no run, off day

Tuesday, 3 miles easy and *big news*

Wednesday, 4 tempo miles with hill work, 10 miles on the bike

Thursday, no run, 10 miles bike, VERY short swim



So, the *big news* is I'm now officially signed up for the 5430 Long Course Half-Ironman to be held here in Boulder on August 12th.  I'm not sweating the bike and definitely not th run, but I am a little concerned about the swim.  Fortunately I'm not concerned about racing the course, just finishing so the next twelve weeks are going to mostly be built around working on my swim and integrating the events together.



Why would I be dumb/crazy enough to make my first Tri be a half-Iron?  Well, pretty much because I'm dumb/crazy enough to make my first race be a marathon, but not dumb/crazy enough to have my first Tri be a FULL Ironman.





Nothing motivates like a deadline...





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: