Wednesday, March 12, 2008

iRock...

Heard back from MarkyV on the testing and based on the information I provided he puts my LT on the bike at around 195-200 Watts. That's up from 175 Watts in August.
He seemed a little shocked by the 219 I put up over the last 10 minutes of the ride and I was concerned about how I had started out too easy and maybe a retest was necessary...
His response:

I don't think we'll need a retest. Taking the last 30 minutes of the test gives me ~193. Given that you CRUSHED the last 10 minute segment I'd venture that we could start using 195-200 as our new number. If there are indications in the training of that being too high then we can back it down but I think we should be all right.

See underlined below… you nailed the workout! Awesome job! That's the way a TT is meant to be ridden… like you are going to die when it is done.

The underlined portion he was referring to was when I told him: "The last 10 was brutal, don't get me wrong, I needed the first 10 minutes of the cool down just to recover and make sure I could get off the bike safely."
I don't think I could have even unclipped properly when I first finished, I was wiped.
From 175 to 195-200, that's an 11-14% increase. Nice progress...

No comments: