Saturday, February 16, 2008

Another minute bites the dust...

I'm SLOWLY catching up on updating my training log after falling WAY too far behind for a while. I'm working on finding a way to update the log on the web from my phone so i can just punch in the workout on my way from the gym to school. No luck as of yet, but I'm working on it.

But that's not terribly interesting now is it? No, not really....

What is more interesting is that I had my 2000 yard swim yesterday. After breaking out two weeks ago, I regressed a bit last week and was wondering if my breakout might have been due to a slightly shorter pool (possible), the fact that I had someone to compete against or that maybe I miscounted the laps.
Well, as it turns out while having someone to compete against may have helped me to realize I could swim faster, the results were not the result of a miscount in laps or sub par construction standards.... since I WHUPPED them again yesterday! I took another 1:40 off my previous best from two weeks ago, finishing in 38' 31"! And I still feel like I can do better!
So, for those of you keeping score at home...
1/11 44:17 (2:12.85 /100yards)
2/1 40:11 (2:00.15 /100yards)
2/15 38:31 (1:55.15 /100yards)
That's an improvement of 17 seconds per 100 yards
17 Seconds!
I think one factor has to have been that before, I was focusing more on just being able to finish the 2000 yards rather than actually pushing myself to see how fast I could do them. Which, now that I think of it, might not be what I should be doing... Should I be racing that swim every week? Hmmmm...

2 comments:

MarkyV said...

-----I think one factor has to have been that before, I was focusing more on just being able to finish the 2000 yards rather than actually pushing myself to see how fast I could do them. Which, now that I think of it, might not be what I should be doing... Should I be racing that swim every week? Hmmmm...------

+++If it's not overly fatiguing for sessions later on then to give a slight push is okay. However if you feel that it begins to take away from your other sessions than backing off a bit would be best. That help?

MarkyV said...

oh yeah... i forgot..

ROCK ON!!!!!!!