Sunday, December 09, 2007

Let it snow...

It started snowing around midnight on Thursday night, maybe a little further into Friday morning, I'm not entirely sure.
The snow came down constantly all day Friday, but it wasn't sticking to the sidewalks or streets... it was just drifting down and collecting in the trees and on the grass and cars and looking pretty.
By the end of the day on Friday, there couldn't have been an inch of snow on the ground.
It continued to snow all through the night, not really collecting or amounting to much. Like the day before I went for a run in the snow and exalted in it's presence, the way it caught on my eyelashes, when it would occasionally drift a few flakes in my mouth as I ran along...
Around noon on Saturday, it changed. The snow started to pile up. what had to have been close to 36 hours of snow amounted to well under two inches of accumulation, but then it started collecting faster... and faster. Soon it was 3 inches, then 6. I can't say how deep it finally got for sure since I never checked a weather report or even took the trouble to actually measure it, but it seemed to be around 10-12 inches by 8pm when we all went out for dinner.
Did I care? Yes and no. Yes, because I love the snow... No, because I don't have to go anywhere or do anything. The snow was no inconvenience to me at all.
It's stopped snowing now... more's the pity...

No comments: