Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sun Dried Sundry

Scheduling Adjustments

I had been planning on going to IMLP this year to watch, to cheer, to potentially volunteer (though I didn't get accepted) and to sign up for next year.
Unfortunately, that's no longer in the cards, the fiscal realities of the conclusion of grad school plus getting paid on a monthly basis at my new job (which means I have almost three more weeks until my first paycheck) means no go on the trip as well as trying to register for IMLP 09. It's a bummer for certain but perhaps I'll be able to get down to IMAZ in November, it's closer (definitely bus-ridable at 13 hours away), would give me time to save up some money and I would have more training time (by about four months) until My First Ironman.
I still haven't excluded doing a non-M-dot race, the Great Floridian is still an option and I want to see how people review the upcoming Iron distance race in Plymouth, that would be really cool, doing my first IM in my hometown with loads of family and friends watching... but at the same time, to cross the finish line at IM Arizona or IM Florida or someplace like that and hear "Brendan Dillon... you are an Ironman!" would be Really. Freakin. Cool.

------------------------

I got kind of lost on my bike ride today.

I went out on the group ride and ended up following the wrong group from the BTC and getting dropped by that group. one guy held p and rode with me but I didn't think to ask where he was going. Instead of going on a 40 mile ride I get to Carter Lake, a 30 mile ride north of Boulder and realize I'm stuck for it. I told the guy I was riding with that I didn't intend to go out that far and turned back. I had very little idea where I was, but fortunately, a very good innate sense of direction.

But that doesn't really matter, that's just kind of "Here's the circumstances of what happened". What does matter is two things. One, I had great ride in spite of going WAY farther than I intended to. The second was just being out in Boulder and the surrounding area, riding through rolling hills and farms, the welcome view of the foothills and the flatirons as I was cruising back to town...

God I love it here...

1 comment:

MarkyV said...

God I love it here...
*********
Hmmmm that's a familiar phrase. ;)