Monday, July 28, 2008

Chastened Boston

One thing I’ve always been pretty bad about (ok, really bad about), is logging my workouts. I’ve kept notebooks, journals, blogs, used websites, downloaded spreadsheets, created my own spreadsheets and even tried logging it on my palm phone… I just always end up falling off the proverbial wagon. I’m not sure how to get into a more consistent, enduring, habit of logging my workouts. I’ve tried every media I can think of. The Google docs spreadsheet I have now has probably been my most reliable tool. It’s omnipresent (though I wish I could update it from my phone) and impossible to lose (I’ve lost a lot of hardcopy logs) and has all the information I want, the way I want it (unlike a lot of websites)
I mention this now because Mark has pointed out that it’s been a while since I updated mine. Like about two and a half months…. Yikes! I think a big part of the problem is that once I fall behind, I feel daunted about trying to catch up. Right now, I’m not going to worry about catching up, just focus on logging my workouts each day and when I find the free time, I’ll work on pecking away at the backlog.

1 comment:

MarkyV said...

you don't have to catch up on your google doc... but please do catch up on BD July 21 - Aug 3 ;) ;) ;)

I like to know what yer doing.

I think you can update via your phone... i can on mine?