Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm Cheap

A post over on 'Go Outside' reminded me of my brief brush with fame 4 years ago when i was featured in an article in the education section of the Boston Globe. The article? The art of living cheaply. Like the article Rory mentioned "How to Afford Anything" I consider myself frugal rather than cheap, but prefer the term 'cheap'. I don't waste money on crap, I research my purchases
one important difference, I won't buy from someplace like Wal-Mart. Particularly Wal-Mart. Principles have to come first. Living a frugal life to save my money for what is really important to me is one principle. Not buying from one of the single most consumerist and labor abusive companies in the country is also one of those principles. Plus, I don't buy crap, and more often than not, the stuff you get at Wal-Mart is cheap crap.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Thanks for the links! That Ken Rockwell guy is hilarious. I love how he advocates having no kids...OMG...that is too funny. Ridiculous, but funny.

MarkyV said...

won't buy from someplace like Wal-Mart
**************************
Ditto that!