Sunday, April 13, 2008

Position Critique Rsults - Shave dem legs!

A week or so ago I posted photos of me on my bike here and on Triscoop for critique on my bike position.

The general consensus resulted in two conclusions.

First is that my position was good. This was something of a surprise and comfort since when I had my bike shipped, I didn't tape off the positions of everything, which was pretty stupid, but there it is. So I had to readjust and position everything myself and it's good to know I didn't completely blow it.

The second is that I should shave my fuzzy legs.
I know shaving your legs is kind of a thing among triathletes and I can certainly understand it among the pros and even the elite amateurs. But me? I'm a back of the packer.
What's more I'm a low-maintenance back of the packer. I don't like even having to shave my facial hair, I really wish it would just stop growing. I keep it trimmed very short and trim it down once a week. It's comfortable, low maintenance and I like the look. Ditto my haircut. It's easy and requires zero daily maintenance beyond a simple wash. It's not long enough to comb, brush, style or bother with any 'product'.
I can't imagine there will ever be a period when I'll need the extra split second difference that shaving my legs will make so, really, I don't see the point.
I'm fuzzy and damn proud of it. Call me Capn Fuzzy Legs!

No comments: