Friday, April 11, 2008

Oops

So I get to the Rec this morning and change and head out to the pool... and something just feels off. Like I'm forgetting something. I chalk it up to the fact that I'm not usually in the water at just after 8am and still not entirely awake.
I hope in the pool, hit the start button on my watch, push off from the side of the pool aaaaand... promptly headed back to the side of the pool.
I forgot my goggles.
I climb out of the pool, dash into the locker room, open my bag and... no goggles.
I left them at home.
Doh!
So I shower (I hate smelling like chlorine), dry off, change, head home, find my goggles (and my swim paddles) trek back up to the Rec, change (again) and finally get my swim in.
Now, if I had done this in the evening like I have been for most of this year, I'd have been up a creek. But because it was pre-8am when I first got to the Rec, I was still able to get my workout done by 11.

Lesson Learned!

No comments: