Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chasing Boston

This blog was born as a result of, and named after, my dream to qualify for the Boston Marathon. As much as I enjoy the triathlon stuff, at my core I'm still a runner, it's just who I am. I am Chasing Boston.

So where am I in regards to this dream?
Well, first of all, to get there I need to finish a certified marathon in 3:10:59 or less. That's a 7:17 pace.
My first marathon I finished in 4:52:04, an 11:10 pace. I'm not sure what my current marathon pace would be, but a 5k at a 7:17 pace would probably be pushing it (though I think I'm very close).
I do feel confident I could do a marathon in under a 10:00 pace, but beyond that, I'm not sure. Yet.
it will be exciting to get my 5k pace down below 7:17. It would be like finally having that pace in range...

1 comment:

MarkyV said...

oh... we'll get there. :)