Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Love This Town!

First of all, yes, i know I look like a humongous dork in the photo I posted yesterday. I don't care, i was warm!

I mooshed three workouts today into one, I did a 40 minute run that ended at North Boulder Rec (where I discovered Priya's new roommate is interning) and as I was heading down broadway I came over this hill to a gorgeous view of the foothills and all I could think of was what a lucky sonuvagun I am. Once I got to the pool, I did 3500 yards, and I could feel my abs and obliques engaging like I hadn't noticed before, i don't know if this was good or bad, but there it is.
After the swim I sat in the hot tub for a few minutes, watching the sunlight that was coming through the windows dance on the surface of the water. I also bumped into Andrew Halperin, who every time I see him, I forget his name.
Then I changed back into my running clothes and did another 40 minute run, terminating at home. a couple times on that trip back I got views of the foothills and flatirons that jsut made me want to scram for the shear joy of being alive and living the life I have.
The last time my mind jumped to Ghostbusters and Winston Zedmore at the end of the film rearing back and screaming " I LOVE THIS TOWN!"
Damn right Winston, damn right.

No comments: