Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ugh

Towards the end of the Day Tuesday i could feel a cold coming on and when i went to bed that night, I expected to awake heavily congested.

Fortunately, i was not congested in the morning, instead, i had a rip-roaring sore throat and a headache. I still managed to get my workouts for the day in... a 60 minute bike ride, 2000yd swim and a 45 minute run.

Today, i have to wonder how I managed to do one of those, nevermind all three. Everything aches and is sore. Not the healthy and even slightly invigorating soreness of a workout, but a leaden limbed soreness and desire to not move. my throat feels awful and all I want to do is curl up and go to sleep.

Normally, I take the approach that unless I have congestion in my chest or something that is going to affect my breathing, i'll do my workout. Not today. Today it take an effort to get up to go to the bathroom (in spite of taking accursed tylenol). So today I won't work out. I hate not working out. A part of me is screaming that I'd feel loads better if I did, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Ugh.

Blech.

1 comment:

MarkyV said...

STOP TRYING TO WORK OUT!!!!

Sounds pretty bad and continuing to workout may prolong your recovery from it. Heal up and get back quicker. If you are achy in the muscles get to a doctor if it is in fact the flu then if they get you within 48 hours of infection then tamaflu can be prescribed and will shorten the duration of the illness.

Keep me posted on this. I'll hold off on next weeks workouts till we figure this out.

Wish all my athletes had blogs. :)