Sunday, January 06, 2008

Training & Training log

First of all, I've got my updated training log linked on the right side of my blog. It's a Google docs spreadsheet and will be in constant flux as I work to improve it, but I'll keep it as up to date as I possibly can, which should be pretty up to date. Feel free to suggest improvements if you can think of any as well.

Secondly, I've finished my first training block with Mark. He was pleased to see how I kept up with the workouts in the face of travelling *blech* and the holiday insanity *double blech* and gave me another 2 week block of workouts. This one isn't flexible like the first, there are specific workouts for each day and he's especially interested in "... how you[Meaning I] respond to this basic week for two weeks in a row given the new introduction of classes, life, etc. 12-14 hours depending on how things go here. Focus on good recovery after the harder sessions. Let me [meaning Mark] know in the log how your fatigue levels go as you progress thru this work load."

From looking at the workouts, I think this will be similar to the period when I was doing the 30 Days of Swimming, but with much more variety in workouts. 3-4 swims, 4-5 bike rides and 5 runs per week as opposed to 7 swims, 3 bike rides and 3 runs a week like I did during the 30 Days of Swimming.

I'm excited, I can't wait to start!

No comments: