Sunday, August 26, 2012

Celebration VI: Day II

We got a later start on Friday as there wasn't anything we had planned for early on Day II.
We caught some of the Droid races, which were a bit disappointing from our vantage point to be honest. It was more of what I would call a skills challenge than an actual race. We also didn't have the beat view, which likely didn't help.
My sister-in-law and I went to a workshop for "Planning Your Star Wars Wedding", which was pretty amusing and interesting. A few of the highlights:
Drunkenmoogle.com - for scifi/fantasy alcoholic drinks
Whengeekswed.com - self explanatory
Never underestimate the value of child labor
I got some great photos on Friday as well, including Wooliees, Vader and a pretty awesome Mara Jade. I also picked up some souvenirs and Nils bought Star Wars (Original Trilogy) Trivial Pursuit, which he gave to me for the lightsaber I bought him.
After the convention, we headed back to our 'cabin' at Fort Wilderness and headed to the pool to relax for the evening

No comments: