Monday, April 11, 2011

Stuff I Love - Touchnote

Ever found yourself on an exotic trip taking gorgeous pictures and wishing the postcards you found better reflected your experiences? Enter Touchnote.com!

Touchnote is a website, and more conveniently an app, which allows you to select a stock photo, or upload your own, and make a postcard out of it which they mail for you.

This is incredibly convenient for traveling, but I've found it to be even better for something else. Like many in the digital generation, my grandparents aren't as savvy or comfortable with digital photos. Since I also live several time zones away, I find myself wishing I had a better way to share some of my life adventures with them. I recently went snowshoeing and then spent a weekend in Moab. 

This is where Touchnote comes in. I just pick out my favorite photo in the midst of my adventure, type up a nice message to the grandfolks, enter their address and presto! In a couple days they get a photo they can share with others and know that I'm thinking of them on my adventures.

Touchnote normally costs $1.49 per card, which is pretty reasonable, but HP has bought 50,000 Touchnote postcards for their webOS users to send free of charge. It's a limited time thing, but I know I'll be sending them even once the promotion is over.

The app is simple to use and navigate, though it doesn't always autopopulate addresses from my contacts correctly. Fortunately, once you have sent a card to someone, the app remembers their address for future use.

All told it's a great service and app that needs only a couple tweaks to be perfect.

1 comment:

Larry Fabulous said...

Ooo, I love it!! I think I might take advantage of this...Thanks, Brendan!!