Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Nice Swim, Mr. Froggy...

Got into the water today and felt REALLY good about it for the first time in a couple weeks. I did three sets of 250 yards, just swimming and working on feeling comfortable. I wasn't worrying about drills, though I was conscious of my form, and I didn't worry about my speed, although I did do all three in under 5:30. It was just a good, enjoyable swim.
The highlight, oddly enough, was at the end. I took a breather when i had finished my third 250 and decided I'd try to swim a full 25 underwater. This is something I try every once in a while and, as a kid, I could do it. It's been a while since I could though. Still, I gave it a shot... and made it with ease! The funny part was I felt like I had a lot in my tank still when I finished and was almost tempted to turn around and see how far I could go... Maybe next time.

No comments: