Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My First Homebrew Competition: First Steps

I have entered and judged at a fair few homebrew competitions over the years. Now that I'm an official BJCP judge I have the opportunity to organize one for a local organization that has been planning to do one for a few years but didn't know where to start or have someone willing to do it.
I'm still waiting on final signoff, but I anticipate that will be coming soon and I can start organizing for judging to happen in August 2015.
Entries will likely be restricted to Colorado residents. The number of entries will be determined by how many judges we get lined up, but I would like to shoot for approximately one hundred. I'm also going to encourage our judges to use an electronic scoresheet method that I have in the works. It won't be a requirement, but I would like to get at least one table of judges using it to see how it goes.

No comments: