Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life is Good?

I wake up every morning and step outside my house to a view of the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.

I walk to work along  Boulder Creek or Pearl Street, which is basically a choice between a mountain stream or a much less crowded Pedestrians only Newbury Street back in Boston.

I work for a company that cares about its employees and their careers, in an office full of really cool, funny people, doing green design of healthy, healthcare environments.

I’ve come to know wonderful people who have amazing attitudes about the environment, training, architecture, and living life in general.

I bike up mountain passes just minutes from my front door and out onto the prairies. Half the roads have dedicated bike lanes, and even where they don’t the drivers respect cyclists so it doesn’t matter.

I run on paved trails along the creek and up dirt trails climbing hills and mountains with breathtaking views and clean air.

I come home to a comfortable house in a quiet neighborhood and comfortable room, with a fun flatmate who respects and appreciates my quirks.

Some people would say “Life is Good”. I say, “No… Life is Beautiful!”

2 comments:

MarkyV said...

this doesn't have anything to do with the email back and forth yesterday??? nahhhhhhh ;)

Athletic Wannabee said...

Hey Chaser, I hope from the tune of the blog, you feel the right decision was made in coming to Boulder. It IS a damn wonderful place to work and live, especially so when your living includes extreme sports.
Man it looks like your taking life by the horns and really putting in the effort to improve your tri skills. What's the worse thing that can happen, maybe get more fit?
I could definitely use some advice and ears on a good, used trainer.
Good luck on the dreadmill. (I like the treadmill w/ some tivo or a movie but it can only be on occasion w/ ALL the stars aligned)