Friday, December 26, 2008

Holiday surprise

Owing to an unexpected (and unexpectedly generous) Christmas bonus, I found myself able to purchase a Powertap Pro (wired) mounted on a DT Swiss 700c wheel. I kind of would have liked to wait to find one mounted on a Zipp wheel, but the price was right and a friend of mine’s BF is a wheelbuilder and can cut me a deal on getting the hub remounted on a Zipp wheel once I get one. This way i can start training with it sooner, rather than waiting until I have the money for the Zipp's

I didn’t think I’d be getting a Ptap until probably the end of January but now the setup should be shipping tomorrow at the latest and I may very well have it by the first of the year. I’m not sure who is more excited about the Powertap, me or Mark (though perhaps I should be worried that Mark is excited).

The first order of business, of course, will be to see how the Ptap readings match up to the trainer computer I’ve been using, that should be very interesting because if I didn’t calibrate it correctly then my TT results could be well over or well under the 212 average I established, though I’m pretty sure I got the setup right.

I can't wait!

No comments: