Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Most people think of shopping on Black Friday. I just think about the time I quit my job after showing up at work that morning and finding out I had FINALLY gotten my raise for my annual review (I was an assistant manager for a small bookstore chain) and found out my raise was a nickel. Considering inflation, it was actually more like a salary cut and I was making crumbs as it was.
Anyhow, I quit on the spot, with no dea what I'd do for a job. my boss and the big boss called to try to get em to come back, I said no. The next monday, still with no idea what I'd do for a job, a friend at school came up to me and said her company was hiring and she thought of me and would I like to come in for an interview. I ended up getting the job, working with great people, doing interesting work (particularly compared to retail) that was really helpful to my career and made 50% more an hour right off the bat than i had at my old job. She didn't even know I had quit my job, I just straight up lucked out.
Thank you Anne, I will always, ALWAYS, be grateful for the chance you gave me!

No comments: