Tuesday, May 13, 2008

3.92

Nope, that's not the distance of an oddly configured race. It's the price for a gallon of gas at the gas station I pass every day going to and from school. Gas had been sitting around $3.69 for a week or so, then last week it bumped up to $3.79 and last night on my way home I spotted that it had jumped to $3.92. That actually stopped me in my tracks.
I don't remember seeing it get that high before at any point in the past. it makes me REALLY glad that I don't own a car. Sure, it still effects me in indirect ways, the price of food and other goods, but at least I'm not dropping almost $4 a gallon to get to and from work (and everywhere else) every day.
The best part is, we haven't even gotten to Memorial day yet, so you can bet it will keep climbing.

Sell your cars folks, buy a bike!

2 comments:

Rory said...

Sell your car! Great words of advice!

Unknown said...

get off your ass and write another post!