Monday, July 16, 2007

Preliminary race prep

Just an easy 40 minute Overdistance run at lunch today plus kickball in the evening… and I just realized I left my Suunto and HR strap in the locker room at work. I have no idea whether it will be there tomorrow or if I’ll be able to recover it if it’s not. Damn…
*UPDATE* Found my Suunto right where I left it, thank goodness for honest people. Apparently my OD pace is really, really, really slow. Like, 4mph slow… oh man…

Four weeks to the 5430 Long Course… I’m not starting to get nervous or excited yet about the impending race, there are still a lot of hours of training between now and then.

Some thoughts on stuff I want to try toget done between now and then (aside from the scheduled training).

1. Do a loop of the run course – I’ve done the bike course many times but I need to familiarize myself with the run course as well.

2. Bike Tuneup – 1-2 weeks before the race, bring the bike in and get the brakes and derailleurs adjusted.

3. Check Bike bag – Make sure I have the proper CO2, tools, tube and tire change material for my race.

4. Review transition materials/setup and checklist – make a list of what to have in transition for each transition, how to optimally set it up and what order to put it all on/off

Transition –Rough draft

Pre Swim
Put sunscreen on after getting body marked. Bodyglide at neck, wrists and
ankles
Sunscreen – Transbag
Tri Shorts – Wear
Jersey – Wear?
Goggles – Wear
Anti-Fog solution – Transbag
Wetsuit – Transbag/Wear
Bodyglide – Transbag Swim Cap – Transbag/Wear
T6 – Wrist
HR monitor - Chest

Swim to Bike
Lay down large towel on ground with smaller ‘drying’ towel on top. Food should
all be in bento box. 8 servings of shotblocks/sharkies + 2 clifshots with
snipped edges for easy opening. Two frozen bottles of Gatorade in cages.
Sunglasses w/Croakies – in helmet
Helmet – on handlebars
Socks – In Shoes
Shoes – next to bike

Bike to Run
Grab transition baggie before leaving, should have 6 servings of ‘food’, small
pack of suntan lotion, 2 blister pads
Running shoes – on ground with yankz and footpod
Transition baggie – in hat
Hat – on top of shoes

No comments: