Friday, January 16, 2009

CRASH!

I’ve been off the blogging wagon lately since my laptop took a major nosedive. Fortunately, I had a hunch it was coming and backed up my files, but it’s still a bummer, that beast saw me through many, many, many hours of graduate school, thesis and a lot of travel.

Now I need to decide what to do next. My current phone meets a lot of my computing needs and my next phone (I’m thinking of getting a Palm Pre) should meet even more. The laptop that died, while great for when I was in school and needed something portable with desktop power, isn’t ideal for my current needs. Now I’m thinking of either getting a good old fashioned desktop computer, or an ultraportable like an Asus Eee PC. Right now I’m leaning towards the Eee since I like having the portability and I don’t really need the power of a desktop.

 

Any recommendations?

*note: any recommendation referencing Mac or Apple will be lampooned. You’ve been warned.

2 comments:

George Houston said...

That sucks about your laptop. My laptop crashed back in November. I took it up to Fire Dog at Circuit City and they were able to delete eveything and then reinstall everything back on. It cost about 250 bucks and my laptop has been good as new since then. It was cheeper than a new computer. Good Luck with your search.

Jamie said...

Come to the dark side. It is amazing over here.